Connecting the world of Railways, a conversation with Mr François Dav~
Unable to load file
- Ref.: 14574
- Title: Connecting the world of Railways, a conversation with Mr François Davenne, UIC Director General (14/10/2021)
- Caption: This is the second edition of a series of podcasts entitled “Connecting the world of railways, a conversation with…” brought to you by the International Union of Railways, the UIC. As the UIC approaches the start of its centenary year, this podcast gives the opportunity to explore with François Davenne, UIC Director General, a number of topics that are part of the current UIC narrative as we explore the issues of sustainability, resilience, digitisation and how the railways need to evolve over the first decade of the UIC’s next 100 years. - The past 18 months or so have been an exceptionally challenging period for us all and we had to enter into new ways of working and organizing ourselves. UIC team continue to deliver though the working mainly from home. What are the highlights that stand out for you? - Several reasons exist why customers should be flocking to take the train for their journey on top of energy efficiency, but what could be the narrative that the railways should propose to change behaviours and iniate a change in the transportation paradigm? - 2022 will be the year of the UIC centenary and you will have the honour of being its DG during this momentous period. There are a number of mainstream events being planned next year as part of the centenary programme, with it all being kicked off by an International Symposium on 30th November and 1st December in Paris. A core thread of this event will be what railway transportation will need to look like in the next 5, 10 & 15 years? What is the picture that you can paint for our listeners? What might the panorama look like?
- Production: Calliope
- Copyright: UIC
- Duration: 00:27:51
- Technical description: son./mu.
- Language: EN
- Creation Date: 14/10/2021
- Collection: Videos - grand public
- Keywords: PERSONNEL, UIC